Thank you for your previous contributions to support the Peace & Global Witness Offering. Your gifts have supported programs vital to nurturing peace. Restoring communities torn by conflict is a heavy task, but it is made lighter through the love of God and by working together. With the support of our congregation to help give witness and share the peace of Christ during the coming Season of Peace, we can make a difference in the lives of many people. The Peace & Global Witness Offering works toward a more peaceful and just world. Conflict takes many forms. It can be found just outside our door or on the other side of the world. When we participate in the Peace & Global Witness Offering, our congregation is helping to address some of the most urgent threats to peace.
Look at some of the staggering figures.
- 500 million people live in countries at risk of instability and conflict
- 1.3 million people are killed by violence each year with conflict and political violence on the rise in 48 countries.
- Over 80% of children living in urban areas have witnessed community violence.
- Nearly 70% of women have experienced violence in their lifetime.
- More than 33% of women in the US have been victim to violence by the hands of a partner.
- Nearly 21 million people are trapped in forced labor, slavery, with 5 million being children.
So often we have our blinders on, we do not want to see how cruel this world can sometimes be. It is all around us but we can help combat the conflicts and turmoil with our gifts to the Peace & Global Witness Offering. Collection date for the offering will take place on October 4th. Prior to that time, additional information will be made available in the weekly bulletins.
One quarter of your gifts to this offering will be kept here at Park church for local usage.